How to Change Hotmail Password : Hotmail is the first web-based email service created by Sabeer Bhatia in 1996. It has been renamed as Outlook.com. Hotmail is an e-mail service, and it carries many data due to this reason you should rest your password regularly which will make it difficult for any other person to access your account. There are steps through which you can reset your hotmail password and recover your lost password through a different device.
Steps to Reset / Change Hotmail Password
- Open the Outlook app, top on the app which resembles a white box with icon O on it or opens Hotmail or Outlook.com through the browser.
- If you have just started the app and never signed into outlook on your Smartphone before the click on Get started option which you will be able to see in the lower end of the screen. Skip this step if you have already opened outlook before on your Smartphone or Tablet.
- After that you will get an option sign in hotmail at the top right-hand side, just click on that option.
- When you click on sing in the option, you will get an option to enter your email address. Just below the Email, there is an option to add an account, click on Add account it will take you to the password enter page.
Skip this step if you are singing back to your account for the re installation of the outlook app.
- After adding your mail Id, you will get a space to enter your password, just below that you will get an option Forgot my password click on the option.
- In the next screen, you will get three option: I’ve forgotten my password; I know my password, but can’t sign in; I think someone else is using my Microsoft account. Click on the first option that is I’ve forgotten my password.
- Click on next which will be available at the bottom of the screen.
- A text message with code will sent to the registered mobile number. If you don’t have any access to the number then click on try another way.
- Then you will get an option to enter the verification code.
- Click on Enter the character you see, the letters and numbers mention in the code box is case sensitive.
- Then type the character that is provided in the code box just above the text box.
- Click on account recovery option to enter the mail or text. If you have registered a backup phone number, you will also get an option to enter a phone number or your email-Id. If you did not register any mail or phone number, then click on I don’t have any of these and click on next.
- After adding your phone number or mail click on Send code option which you will be able to see in at the bottom side of the screen.
- On your email or phone number, you will get a code that is called a recovery code and then enters the code and click on the next option.
- In the next screen, you will get an option to enter a new password which must be of minimum eight characters. Re-enter the password in the below text space.
- Then click on Next and then you will be able to sign in to your account with a new password.
The above mentioned was the procedure to reset your password in your Smartphone and tablet. By following this step, you will be able to reset the password. Else recover your lost password easily on you devise through Hotmail application or else through the Hotmail.com or outlook.com, website. In the same way, you can reset the password or recover the password of your Hotmail account in desktop also.